Mid senior level
Equity or stock options: No
USD1,200 - USD1,800/per month
Our client is a leading worldwide shipping group with a huge fleet of vessels and serving more than 400 ports in the world on 5 continents With a presence in 150+ countries and through its 750+ agencies network, the Group employs 100,000+ people worldwide.
The Backend developer will be part of the Digital Centre. You will be involved in project activities on multiple digital applications and will work in contact with Business team, Data Scientists and various architecture or development teams.
Compile and analyse data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Documentation of new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones.
Skills & Qualifications
- More than 3 years of experience developing and implementing APIs
- Strong Java development skills
- Solid experience with API security standards and different authentication models including Basic Auth, SAML, API keys, OAuth, JWT, SSL/TLS mutual authentication and access tokens.
- Experience with REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, YAML, Swagger and OpenAPI specifications
- Advanced proficiency in Spring MVC, Spring Security and REST Web Services
- Experience in testing automation using JMeter, Selenium
- Experience with build tools like Maven
- Experience in Spring Boot and React
- Strong SQL skills; Hands on experience with Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Experience with Agile development practices and techniques
- Experience with relational databases and document-oriented databases
- Passionate in doing research and development using cutting edge technologies
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to mentor others on the team
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers and collaborate with team members
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written English, French is a plus